WILDWOOD – The Wildwood Park District has announced its lineup for summer programs.
For information, visit www.wildwoodparkdistrict.com or call 847-223-7275.
• Wildwood Kickoff Event: 10 a.m. May 12 at Willow Point Park, 33666 N. Cove Road. The Wildwood Park District is excited to start a new GO Wildwood program as part of the countywide program, GO Lake County. The initiative is designed to highlight programs that promote health and wellness. The event is the kickoff to GO Wildwood. The kickoff event in Willow Point Park will begin with entertainment and refreshments and will end with a milelong walk around the park. The first 60 participants will receive a free T-shirt.
• Park Pride Day: 9 a.m. May 19 at Rule Park, 33325 N. Sears Blvd. Join the Wildwood Park District team in improving the parks. The team will come together to make parks cleaner and more enjoyable. The event will begin at 9 a.m. At noon, refreshments will be served at Rule Park.
• Gages Lake Conservation Committee 12th Annual Carp Fishing Derby: 9 a.m. to noon May 19 at Willow Point Park Pavilion, 33666 N. Cove Road. The Carp Fishing Derby is held in conjunction with the Illinois Department of Natural Resources; therefore, an Illinois fishing license in not required. Registration will take place at the Willow Point Park Pavilion. Some fishing poles will be available for use or bring your own. Basic fishing instruction will be provided for beginners. All ages are welcome, but children must be supervised by an adult.
• Kickball Tournament: noon June 2 at Willow Point Park, 33666 N. Cove Road. Gather a team to compete in the Kickball Tournament. Teams of six to 10 people will battle to be crowned this year’s champion. Registration is required by May 25. Prizes will be awarded to the championship team.
• Camp Rules! Summer Camp: The summer day camp is designed for campers to experience an action-packed summer outdoors and make new friends. Participants will spend most of their time outdoors enjoying the natural amenities of Wildwood. A typical day consists of arts and crafts, physical activities, songs, games, snacks, and lunch. Campers also will enjoy swimming in Gages Lake twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Camp is from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday starting June 11.
• Movie In The Park: 7:30 p.m. June 15 at Rule Park, 33325 N. Sears Blvd. Come out to enjoy “Moana.” The bounce house and concessions will open at 7:30 p.m. and the movie will begin at 8:45 p.m. Snacks and beverages will be available for purchase. Bring blankets, chairs and bug spray. In case of severe weather, the reschedule date is July 13.
• Walking Club: As a continuation of the GO Wildwood initiative, the Walking Club will meet once a month to walk through the parks. The club will give participants the opportunity to get outside, get some exercise and socialize with neighbors. Each walk will be led by a Walking Club Champion. All ages are welcome and patrons can come and go as they please. Register for each walk at least one week before the date. If the weather is questionable, contact the office one hour before walkers are scheduled to meet to ensure they are still walking. Walks will take place at 3 p.m. June 21 at Twin Lakes Park, 7 p.m. July 19 at Willow Point Park, and 3 p.m. Aug. 16 at Warren Township trail.