Safety first when it comes to babysitting
LINDENHURST - By the time their babysitting class was over, 12 youngsters knew exactly what to do if a child were to choke in front of them. They had to. It was part of a test they needed to pass at the conclusion of a Safe Sitter class held recently at the Lindenhurst Park District.
“Choking rescue is a big part of this program; that’s why we spend a lot of time on it,” said Angie Bush, superintendent of recreation at the Lindenhurst Park District.
Bush is one of many instructors in Lake County qualified to teach the Safe Sitter program, founded in 1980 by Indianapolis pediatrician, Dr. Patricia A. Keener, after a colleague’s 18-month-old choked to death while under an adult sitter’s care.
If you have any technical difficulties, either with your username and password or with the payment options, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org